If you are running a company with some top-level executive positions that need to be filled, then you would benefit if you get the help of people who specialized in scouting for job candidates, like the recruiters in retained executive search firms. Although you might think that hiring these employees is something that you can do within your own company, you’d be amazed to know that there are a number of reasons behind hiring a retained search firm that would be to your advantage. Not only is this move expedient for you because of faster job placement, but surprisingly it also is quite cost effective, especially if the vacant positions are crucial to the development and growth of your company.
Here are 5 Important Reasons to hire a firm that specializes in retained executive search:
- You would be getting a high level of commitment from retained search firms. Because search firms utilize so many techniques in finding prospective employees for your company, there is a greater chance for you to get only the best people. These firms also work for your company’s executive recruiting exclusively since you are paying them for this – they are focused on searching for the best candidates to fill the job, most likely producing results faster than if you were to do it by yourself.
- You are paying for lmany years of professional experience when hiring retained executive search firms. As these retained search firms have been around for quite some time already, you can rest assured they have established relationships to find talent in the shortest possible time. Because they have a number of contacts, as well as different databases specifically designed for their work, you will have experts dedicated to searching for prospective employees for your company. They will do the job with integrity, honesty, and your best interests in mind.
- You will only get the top candidates from firms doing executive recruiting. Because of the resources that they have at hand, they are most likely to find the highest qualified candidates through retained search firms. They will get the right kind of prospects for you. This is especially true if you are looking for talents with a specific set of skills – if you do it on your own, it may be hard to find appropriate matches.
- You would be paying for resources that produce better prospects for the job. If you conduct the hiring of top-level executives at your end, then it is to be expected that the average number of recruiters that you have in-house is only one or two. But if you hire a retained search firm, you can have as many as eight or more people working on finding the best possible talents for your company’s vacancies.
- Value-added services will be provided to you by these retained search firms as well. The great thing about these search firms is that they do not only conduct executive recruiting for your company, they also add background checks, candidate screening, pre-interviews and assessments, and surveys on expected compensation and benefits. As a result, you will save the time and resources it would take to do these things yourself.
Of course there are a number of other important reasons as to why hiring retained executive search firms makes sense, but the ones mentioned above are a few of the primary reasons as to why you should think twice about hiring your own employees ever again.